from History of the descendants of John Whitman of Weymouth, Mass.
Elizabeth [Whitman], [daughter of ] John [Whitman]
no record of her birth
she m. May, 1657, Joseph Green
they settled at Weymouth;
his will, dated Sept. 8, 1691, was proven June 7, 1700;
he appoints son Joseph and his wife executors;
the widow declined to serve and the son was appointed sole executor
by her father's will she had confirmed to her certain lands on Ringoock hill, given to her at her marriage, and was given besides land in the "great wood lot" and certain personal property, . . .she d. Feb. 2, 1720; 5
c, all b. Weymouth.
Joseph Green, b. April 2 or 28, 1658;
m. 1. Ann , who d. Sept., 1711;
the records of Weymouth show the following — whether they are all the same and whether all these marriages were consummated is unknown :
(Joseph Green, pub. Oct. 25, 1712, to Ruth Richards ;
pub. March 30, 1717, to Mary Angore of Marblehead ;
pub. Feb. 8, 1718, to Elizabeth Spear of Braintree.)
Weymouth records show birth of one child by 1st m. ; nothing further known.
Miriam Green , b. Weymouth, March 24, 1698.
John Green , b. July 16 or 22, 1661;
m. Patience , who d. Sept. 24, 1736;
her will, signed July 14, 1736, was proven Oct. 19, 1736;
his will, signed May 19, 1730, was proven Dec. 10, 1734;
the inventory amounted to £1560.4 6;
- I. Zachariah Green; no birth found but mentioned in his father's will as the "eldest son" d. Feb. 23, 1743.
- II. John Green; no birth found;
m. 1. (pub. twice : Dec. 19, 1731; Jan. 22, 1732) to Rachel Kingsbury of Needham, who d. April 8, 1733;
m. 2. March 25, 1746, Mary, daughter of John and Mary (Neal) Humphrey;
4 c, all b. Weymouth.
- Rachel Green , b. March 20, 1733; d. young.
- Rachel Green, b. Feb. 13, 1745.
- Mary Green , b. Nov. 2, 1747; m. Oct. 12, 1769, Thomas Pratt.
- John Green, b. July 10, 1753.
- III. Joanna Green; mentioned in will as eldest daughter, was pub. Dec. 6, 1714, to John Woodcock of Needham.
- IV. Mary Green; "second daughter."
- V. Sarah Green; " third daughter."
- VI. Deborah Green; youngest daughter; m. Sept. 11, 1725, Torrey.
Elizabeth Green, b. April 5, 1664; m. John Gurney; she is mentioned in will of John1, and reference is made to her having possession of certain lands given to Mary 2 on her marriage with John Pratt.
Mary Green 3 , b. Aug. 15, 1667. 91. Zachary Green 3 , b. April 7, 1671.