The settlement of New Meadows was incorporated as the Town of Topsfield by authority of the General Court of the Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1650. The church "gathered" on November 4, 1663 with the Rev. Thomas Gilbert. The third Meeting House was built on the Common in 1703 with Rev. Joseph Capen as pastor.
Before she married Estes Peabody, on May 19, 1746, she had been married to a man named Gott and had been left a widow. Estes was born on September 28, 1702 in Topsfield. His parents were Isaac Peabody and Sarah Estes. Sarah was probably the daughter of Robert Estes of Dover, England and the sister of Matthew and Richard Estes.
According to the Topsfield Historical Collections, they did not have children.
Estes died on December 31, 1770. She died on February 15, 1772 in Killingly, Windham County, Connecticut.