History of the Town of Lexington, Middlesex County, Massachusetts By Charles Hudson, Lexington Historical Society (Mass.)
Published by Houghton Mifflin, 1913
John Cutter (Ephraim,3 Richard,2 Elizabeth1) was born at Watertown 23 July 1700, died 20 Nov. 1747, g.s., son of Ephraim of Cambridge, Charlestown, Watertown, and East Jersey, and grandson of Richard, who came to Cambridge from Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, died 18 June 1693, aged about 72, and Elizabeth Williams, died 5 Mar. 1661-62, aged 42, daughter of Robert and Elizabeth (Stalham). His mother, Bethia Wood, was born 28 July.
He was a glazier, and from 1724 to 1734 resided at Woburn. Previously in 1722, he had bought an estate in Woburn of Elizabeth Richardson, administratrix. He appears to have mended the meeting-house glass in various towns and his estate was inventoried after his death at £308.
He married about 1723 Rachel Poulter, born 11 May 1702, died at Temple, N. H., about 1795, daughter of Jonathan and Elizabeth ( ), and granddaughter of John [Poulter] and Rachel (Eliot). She owned the covenant in Lexington church in order that her child be baptized 19 July 1724. After her husband's death she moved to Woburn and was admitted to the church there 19 Nov. 1756.
She married secondly Barnabas Davis, previously of Littleton, and moved with him to New Ipswich, N. H., to dwell with her eldest son, about 1763. After the son's death in 1771, the old couple with Rachel Cutter, a daughter, resided for a time with Joseph Cutter a grandson.