The Manor of Moreland was composed of a tract of ten thousand acres, and was created, in 1682, by a grant from William Penn to Dr. Nicholas More. Most of the Manor was in Philadelphia County, but is now
Moreland Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
Estate inventories give us a glance into the home life of Colonial Americans.
Thomas Wood was born in England, of parents not professing with Friends, who brought him with them to this country when very young, and settled in New Jersey previous to the year 1680. He early removed to Pennsylvania, and took up a tract of land in the manor of Moreland, on the southwest side of the Byberry road, below Hatboro, where he resided the remainder of his life. While young he was received into membership with Friends, and was an approved Minister for more than 45 years. He died in 1769, it is believed, in his 94th year. Late in life he married, and left a daughter and two sons. (Friends' Intelligencer, Volume 40
) [His son John was born in 1745 so this Thomas is not Rebecca's husband. Rebecca's husband was probably his son.]