He married Marie Louise Godbout on April 16, 1708 on l'Île-d'Orléans at Saint-Laurent. Their marriage contract was notarized by the royal notary, Louis Chambalon, on May 25, 1708. Marie-Louise was the daughter of Nicolas Godbout and Marguerite Angélique Lemelin.
Their children included:
Louis Audet dit Lapointe (1709, died young),
Jean-Baptiste Audet dit Lapointe (1711, married Marie Agathe Greffard),
Joseph Audet dit Lapointe (1712),
Marguerite Audet dit Lapointe (1714),
Marie-Angélique Audet dit Lapointe (1719),
Louis Audet dit Lapointe (1721),
Perpetue Audet dit Lapointe (1723),
Pierre Audet dit Lapointe (1726),
Marie Charlotte Audet dit Lapointe (1728, married Louis Therrien)
On August 2, 1798 his father gave him three arpents on the river.
Jean-Baptiste died on November 12, 1728 and was buried the following day at Saint-Jean.
The name Lapointe is a dit name. It could have been a nickname for a soldier (the point of a lance) or for a family who lived on a point of land.
A dit name is an alias given to a family name.
Nicolas Audet was granted land on the southeast side of l'Île-d'Orléans At that time, it was in the parish of Sainte-Famille. In 1679, the parish of Ste-Famille was divided and their farm became part of the village of Saint-Jean.
The King's Daughters (filles du roi) were young women who immigrated to Canada between 1663 and 1673 and were sponsored by Louis XIV. The French goverment planned to increase Canada's population by promoting marriages and the birth of children.
from Our French-Canadian Ancestors by Thomas J. Laforest
4) Jean-Baptiste was born, on November 17, 1675 and baptized on December 1, at Sainte-Famille. He married Marie-Louise Godbout on April 16, 1708 at Saint-Laurent, Île d'Orléans. The contract for this marriage was notarized by Chambalon, on May 25, 1708. Marie-Louise was the daughter of Nicolas and Angelique Lemelin. Jean-Baptiste and Marie-Louise had eleven children, three boys and eight girls, all baptized at Saint-Jean, Île d'Orléans. Jean-Baptiste died an early death on November 12, 1728 and was buried the following day at Saint-Jean. . . .
But, he [Nicolas] could still plan ahead and on July 9, 1696, he acquired yet another concession. This grant of land was three arpents of river frontage, some distance to the west of his own place. On August 2, 1698, he gave this land to his son Jean-Baptiste.