Framingham, Middlesex County, Massachusetts was first known as Danforth’s Farms.
In 1701 the Framingham Church was organized with the Rev. John Swift as the town's first minister. In 1706 the town hired its first schoolmaster and in 1716 the first schoolhouse was built.
Ensign Stephen Jennings was probably born about 1660. There are various accounts of his birthplace. He has been listed as being born in England, Hatfield in Hampshire County or in Sudbury, Massachusetts.
He died on September 3, 1701 in Framingham, Middlesex County, Massachusetts. His estate was administered by his widow Hannah and Joseph Stanhope.
Old Style Calendar
Before 1752 the year began on Lady Day, March 25th,. Dates between January 1st and March 24th were at the end of the year. Old Style (O.S.) and New Style (N.S.) are used to indicate whether the year has been adjusted. Often both dates are used.